Thursday, October 25, 2007

Daydreamer...

Last night was horrible! I've been dreaming so much lately. Usually my dreams aren't clear and when I wake up, I forget what they are, but recently my dreams have been so vivid and real. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's a nightmare (literally), and sometimes (like last night) it's just not fun. Beginning of my dream, I am late to our wedding. People have already shown up. For some reason, I am being wheeled around in a wheelchair (though I am able to walk quite normally). For other reasons unknown, I hadn't been there to help decorate the church. I am quickly informed that the runner was destroyed - apparently, when taken out of the bag, it quickly disintegrated into a million fragments because too many people were trying to grab it and lay it out. I turn to see my dad handing out bells for the ceremony, and he is wearing a hideous pleated dress/kilt sort of getup (which my mother is also wearing), and when I ask what the deal is, he just laughs and says "the people at the tux place said this was the new style - I figured I needed to be stylin' at least for your wedding". So I sigh and ask my mom where my dress is so I can go get ready, and she hands me this dark blue tweeded material suit (manly - with huge shoulders, a tie, and everything). I fight crying, but decide that this isn't the worst thing that can happen. So I ride into the dressing room - which is full of kids running around like they do - and I sit in front of the mirror and almost decide not to fix my hair (which is thrown up into an extremely messy bun). I sit there just looking at myself, wondering if I should even ask about the bouquets, and eventually I wake up.

No comments: