Tuesday, June 06, 2006

17 days and counting...

Our Father is truly in control of all things!!! So something amazing that I have to share: I was calling around to get my passport thing settled, and I spoke to this guy who told me that he'd make a call so that I should receive it the day before I needed to turn it in to apply for a visa. So when that day came and I still didn't receive a passport, I called the passport information hotline for probably the 87th time. I spoke to a woman this time who told me that I would probably never receive my original passport - that when the passport agency gets a passport sent back to them, they shred it - so really, I needed to fill out paperwork to let them know I didn't receive it and fill out more paperwork to apply to have one reissued. So when I hung up with her, I was discouraged and began to think I'd never make it to Asia - that I had heard wrong and I didn't belong across the world this summer. But then when I realized how far He'd brought me through this process I spoke to the Father saying "You have not brought me this far, provided this much, to lead me nowhere." The next day I received a phone call from the Houston Passport Agency themselves. They wanted to inform me that they had sent out my passport, overnighted, and I should receive it the next day (and I did). So all this to say that He is faithful. Over and over again, He is faithful. Too often we forget how powerful and serious He is. He is an unchanging rock, the Author who has known the way from the beginning. I was at the store several nights ago and was struggling with all these uncertainties. As I walked out of the store, the Author told me to look for the moon. I looked, but I couldn't find it. Looking down again, I imagined that I was crazy and had not heard right. But then I looked up again, and there it was in the exact place that I had just searched. It was just a sliver of the moon, but it shone as bright as ever. And He began to speak to me saying, "sometimes you won't see the picture, and sometimes you'll see just a part of the picture, - but realize, I see the whole picture, because I'm the one that created it." After I climbed into my car, I looked back up at the sky and the moon was gone, and I smiled. "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand..." (Isaiah 14:24,26-27)

No comments: