Monday, October 27, 2014

A Bloast To You

Today is October 27th, 2014.  Exactly seven years ago, this happened:




It changed my life, joining it by love, law, and name to this man:




And so, seven years later, I dedicate this bloast to him. (bloast...you know, blog-toast.  It'll catch on, I promise.)

My first sight of Danny was this picture:



...and yes, it appeared sideways.  He was funny, quick, and unapologetically himself.  We talked for hours on the phone about anything and everything.  We talked until we fell asleep.  

Five months after our first conversation, on Danny's 24th birthday, I visited his church.  At the end of the altar call, Danny took my hand and pulled me up to the front of the church.  In front of the whole church, he got down on one knee and said, 

"Will you walk with God with me for the rest of my life?"

For the past seven years since that Sunday morning, we have been learning and growing together as friends, partners, and parents.  Though life has thrown it's fair share of curve balls at us, we have survived.  I have grown to be a better person because of the man walking beside me, and to him I say thank you.

To the man who makes it his mission to make me smile.


To the man who appreciates trees almost as much as I do.



To the man who can handle a house full of females.


To the only man I know who can pull off this look.


To the man who takes every precaution to make sure we're safe:


 To the man who isn't afraid to be vulnerable:


To the man who was there when this happened.


To the man who is okay with being this person when we go out:




To the man who isn't afraid to play backup so his girls can shine.


To the man who does things like this:


and this:


aaand this:


and this:


and this?:


and..um..this:


oh...and this:


To the man who looks at me like this:


and can read my mind like this:


To the man who leads our family, and who we're glad to follow:

To the man who I adore with my whole heart:


To my best friend, my daughters' daddy, my fubby, my heart...

Thank you for making my life fun.  Thank you for taking me to places I never thought I'd see.  Thank you for loving me enough to tell me the truth when you know it'll stretch me and make me a better person.  Thank you for believing in me more than I believe in myself.  Thank you for teaching me to not fear the world, because there is nothing in it bigger than our God.  Thank you for showing me that I do have a lot of love to give, because I never thought I could love anyone as much I love you and our daughters.  Thank you for loving me even at my worst kind of crazy.  Thank you for more reasons than I can ever list.

To you, to seven years, and to seventy times seven more.  

Happy Anniversary


"If I had my life to live again, I'd find you sooner."
- Kobi Yamada


No comments: